Terms and Conditions of Hiring
THE CONTRACT BETWEEN THE HIRER AND THE OWNER
- The Hiring is for holiday purposes only.
- The Owners have taken great care to provide accurate information, however changes can occur. All descriptions, written or oral, are given in good faith; the owners cannot be held liable for them.
- The Owners take no liability for happenings outside of their control and no liability will fall on the Owner or his/her agents for the effects of extreme weather, power cuts, water shortages, coastal or farming disasters etc, or the use of garden play equipment.
- Every attempt is made to ensure the cottage and equipment are in good working order. If the Hirer is not satisfied with some aspect, contact the manageress/Owner immediately.
- The owner reserves the right to enter the property to do urgent works.
- The Owner cannot accept liability for any loss or damage to the Hirers’ possessions, pets or motor vehicle(s) whilst at the property.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the premises & a sand bin is provided in the garden for safe disposal of cigarette residue.
- The Hirer agrees to take good care of the property and contents: it must be left in a clean and tidy condition, linen must be taken care of and towels not removed from the premises.
- Pets, where permitted, must be kept under control, not be allowed on the furniture or in the bedrooms, bathrooms, en-suites or carpeted areas nor be left unattended in the cottage at any time.
- Please do not allow your dog to foul the lawn/garden/play areas and ensure that any fouling is limited to the designated area (Courtyard located on North side of property) & is removed immediately to the receptacle made available for your convenience (see full Terms & Conditions)
- Hirer’s must pay for all breakages/damages and will be held accountable for any such breakages/damage, missing items and extra cleaning (time taken in excess of the normal turn-around) and this would include dealing with the following:
- 1) Dirty dishes/dishwasher not emptied;
- 2) Cooker/hob/oven with grease/fat/burned on food;
- 3) Furniture, if moved from it’s original position, not put back into its original position;
- 4) Excessive quantities of rubbish requiring disposal.
- Family groups accepted, non-family groups accepted at our discretion.
- A cautionary deposit of £150 or £40/person (whichever is the greater) against damage/extra cleaning may be required for Christmas/New Year bookings.
- All bookings at our discretion.
- In the event of the property not being available for any reason at the pre-booked time/date (eg. Fire or some other disaster), the Owner will notify the Hirer as soon as possible, offer a full refund or try to find other acceptable accommodation. Owner liability is limited to the total value of rents received from the Hirer.
- Maximum party size at the property must not be exceeded. Any breach of this condition will result in admission being refused or immediate expulsion without compensation for lost rent. Unless otherwise agreed, Hirer’s may not have more than 2 visitors at the property at any one time who must depart by 11pm. This condition may only be varied by express written permission of the Owner, obtained in advance.
- Any cancellation or other changes must be advised by telephone and confirmed in writing (see full Terms & Conditions).
*Usage policy = Electricity is on a meter which will be read at the commencement of your stay & again at the end of your stay. The hirer/visitor is responsible for the cost of the electric used during their stay, however, we will provide a nominal amount of electricity (150 units/week [or 21 units/day for mini breaks]) FREE of charge which we believe is adequate for the average user of the premises for general electric usage. The use of the modern highly efficient electric boiler fed central heating is subject to the hirers discretion & individual requirements which can tend to fluctuate especially with the varying weather conditions in Britain. Any electricity used over & above the allowance will incur extra charges at our electricity suppliers standard rate which will be payable to the owners at the end of your stay & before you leave please.
For full details of our Terms & Conditions please follow one of the links below:
Terms & Conditions for Bookings/Reservations (Contract of Hire) are available here
Our Access Statement can be viewed here
New Data Protection Regulation
From 25th May 2018 new regulations on how businesses contact their clients come into force.
These changes are to protect you from unwanted contact. You will not be contacted by us unless you have enquired about our services.
We do not share your personal information with anyone at anytime, and only collect information as necessary and to comply with legal obligation.
We take your privacy seriously and look after any information that you share with us.